At Rest at Cypress Lawn: William Parmer Fuller (1827-1890)
Here is yet another story of a young man who arrived in California in 1849 to dig for gold and ended up building a business empire he did not anticipate.
When his panning panned out, William Fuller re-entered his old occupation — painting and paperhanging. A small enterprise in Sacramento soon moved its headquarters to San Francisco and eventually became the largest manufacturer of paint and related products in the American West with operations up and down the Pacific Coast. Today, three grandsons of W.P Fuller run the company.
The Fuller mausoleum was quarried and cut with the finest quality stone by the Raymond Granite Company of Madera County. A magnificent religious stained-glass window by Louis Comfort Tiffany can be seen through the gate door.
The Fuller mausoleum is located within Section G, Lot 512. Click here to view an interactive map of our Memorial Park.